Hailey Bieber begged fans to ‘stop roasting’ her about her pinky fingers, which are crooked due to a genetic condition
- Hailey Bieber begged fans to stop asking “what is wrong with her pinky fingers” in an Instagram Story uploaded on Wednesday.
- She explained through a series of Stories, including a Wikipedia screenshot of “ectrodactyly,” that she’s had the genetic condition since birth.
- “I’ve made fun of myself about this forever so I might as well just tell everyone else why they’re so crooked and scary … I have this thing called it Ectrodactyly and it causes my pinky fingers to look the way they do,” Hailey wrote.
- Hailey was recently photographed at the premiere of her husband Justin Bieber’s new YouTube docuseries “Seasons,” which shows her crooked pinky finger.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Hailey Bieber felt the need to address a genetic deformity after people kept trolling her for having “crooked and scary” pinky fingers.
The 23-year-old model got into the “pinky conversation” via an Instagram story on Wednesday where she told fans she’s sick of being teased.
The first in a series of three Instagram stories shows Hailey’s perfectly manicured left hand accessorised with her huge diamond engagement ring. To make things clear, she also circled around her malformed pinky finger.
“I’ve made fun of myself about this forever so I might as well just tell everyone else why they’re so crooked and scary,” Hailey wrote.
In her second now-deleted Instagram Story (seen by Daily Mail), Bieber screenshotted a Wikipedia page for the congenital disorder known as ectrodactyly, which she says “causes my pinky fingers to look the way they do.”
The Wikipedia definition Hailey shared says: “The hands and feet of people with ectrodactyly are often described as ‘claw-like’ and may include only the thumb and one finger.”
Underneath the screen capture, she explained to fans she’s had the condition since birth.
“So people can stop asking me ‘what is wrong with her pinky fingers’ here is what’s wrong! lol,” Hailey wrote.
“So in conclusion please stop roasting me about my pinky fingers,” she added in another story.
Hailey was recently photographed with husband Justin Bieber at the premiere of his YouTube Originals docuseries “Seasons” on Monday night.
Images show Justin embrace Hailey on the red carpet with the model’s hand stretched out revealing her bent finger.
Recently, Justin also slammed trolls on Instagram who mocked him for having bad skin and revealed he’s been suffering from Lyme disease.
Justin explains his health conditions in more detail in his documentary, the first four episodes of which are available to stream on YouTube Premium.